Servicing Westchester, Putnam and Southern Dutchess County, New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut
When you need air conditioning maintenance in New York, call the trusted team at Taconic Heating & Cooling. After your air conditioning system has been installed, you’re well on your way to comfortable living during the hot summer months in Westchester, Putnam, and Fairfield, NY. When your AC system breaks down or needs routine maintenance, it’s essential to partner with the experts who have years of experience. Whether we installed your original system or are just helping you with your air conditioning maintenance needs, Taconic Heating & Cooling is the first phone call you should make. Our expert team has the tools and experience to ensure your air conditioning system continues working properly.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance Experts
Our team follows a strict process for all our air conditioning repair jobs. The first step is visiting your home for a full assessment. Next, we’ll diagnose the source of the problem and offer potential solutions. In most cases, one simple component causes the entire unit to stop working. This goes to show how important it is to hire an experienced air conditioning expert. Someone without a dedicated team might assume it’s time to replace the entire AC unit when that may not be necessary. Taconic Heating & Cooling is in the business of saving you time and money by providing trusted and dependable repairs to keep your AC unit running smoothly. Be sure to contact us at the first sign of trouble so we can treat the problem before it gets worse.
The Importance of Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance
Your air conditioning unit has lots of moving parts and advanced forms of technology. The best way to prevent system failure and costly breakdowns is to have routine maintenance performed on your AC unit. A member of our trustworthy and friendly team would be happy to visit your home and provide a quick inspection. We perform a series of tests to ensure all the components are working properly. The best time to have this preventive maintenance performed is early spring before the oppressive heat settles in for summer. Our team offers a variety of maintenance packages to choose from – all designed to save you money.
Complete AC Maintenance Services
When you contact Taconic Heating & Cooling, you can rest assured knowing you have the best team in New York taking care of your air conditioner. In addition to our experience and industry training, we take pride in always using the best equipment for all our servicing and maintenance jobs. Our vehicles are fully loaded with everything we could need for the job, so we don’t have to go back and forth from your home to our office. We emphasize customer service, and we won’t stop until your AC system is keeping you cool and comfortable all summer long.
Air Conditioning Maintenance During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these trying times, it’s essential to protect your family’s health. Your home’s air conditioning system is responsible for keeping your home cool and comfortable, as well as providing air circulation. While we’re continually learning new information about the novel coronavirus, it’s important to do everything you can to keep your family safe. Taconic Heating & Cooling carries a range of air purifiers that can clean and improve the quality of your home’s indoor air. During this time of quarantine, many New Yorkers have taken to improving their homes with some DIY air conditioning maintenance tasks. With plenty of time on our hands to stay home, it only makes sense to work on improving your quality of life. While most air conditioning maintenance should be left to the professionals (and we’re available if you need us), here are some things you can do to keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly this summer:
- Turn off the power – Find an exterior shut off box near your AC unit and turn off the power at the breaker box as well.
- Remove debris – Remove the cage fan on the exterior condenser/compressor. Use a screwdriver or wrench to remove fasteners and lift cage or grill away from the unit. Clean leaves and debris from the interior with your hand or a wet/dry vacuum.
- Clean the fins – After removing the outer covers, use a shop vacuum brush attachment to remove all outside dirt. Use a gentle stream from a garden hose to spray through the from the inside out. Use a commercial-grade fin cleaning spray if necessary.
- Straighten the fins – Use a butter knife of commercial fin straightening tool, but be gentle.
- Clean the area – Rake leaks and debris outside the condenser. Cut back branches and vegetation at least two feet in all directions.
- Clean the evaporator coil – Move inside and find the evaporator coil door. Use a soft brush to dust off the coil and then use a commercial no-rinse coil cleaner. The spray foam will drip into the drain pan, which should be cleaned with hot water and a little bleach. Finish by pouring a cup of equal parts bleach and water down the drain.
- Change the filter – Your AC system’s filter should be changed at least twice a year.
- Turn the power on – Get your system back up and running and contact our professionals for any areas you had trouble with.
Schedule Air Conditioning Maintenance Today
Our team is ready to provide the air conditioning maintenance services you need to keep your home cool and comfortable. We’d be happy to answer any of your air conditioning questions or schedule you for maintenance, so contact us today to set up an appointment.